Effective date: August 15th 2021
There are several ways you can use our services – to buy and sell advertising, and to buy creative content. When you share information with us, for example creating a BillboardHub Account or build a campaign, we strive to make those services even better – to show you relevant billboard locations, special opportunities, and sales, help you connect with new advertisers, implement promotions, or make sharing information with others quicker and more relevant.
Your privacy matters to BillboardHub so whether you are new to BillboardHub or a long-time user, please take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, please contact us
- The personal data we will collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Site users; and
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
Personal Data We Collect and How We Use It
You can visit BillboardHub and learn about the services we provide without providing personal information. However, you do need to provide personal information to sell, purchase or build campaigns. We do not collect any personal information on BillboardHub unless you provide it voluntarily. However, certain non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address, is collected automatically from every Site visitor, even if not voluntarily provided.
We collect and use personal information in the specific ways listed below, and generally to improve BillboardHub and services to you, as well as to meet our legal obligations. We also use personal information you provide for other purposes consistent with the reason you provide such information to us.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a BillboardHub Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, company name, email address, and telephone number to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services.
We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you regularly use an ad or buy a board, visit a website that uses our advertising services, or view and interact with BillboardHub and our content. This information includes:
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information from our site and other third-party partners (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). BillboardHub may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your BillboardHub Account
- Login Information: When you use our services or view content provided by BillboardHub, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes details on how of how you use our service, such what features you use most or queries you make; log information like your play list, bidding data, phone number, forwarding numbers, time and date of availability and SMS routing information; Internet protocol addresses; device event information such as crashes, system activities, hardware settings. Browser type, date and time of your request and referral URL; and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, other identifier, or your BillboardHub Account.
- Location information. When you use BillboardHub services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide BillboardHub with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, billboards, and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers. Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your usage and installation (for example, on our mobile app the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to BillboardHub when you register, enable, install, or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local Storage. When we collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies. BillboardHub and its partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a BillboardHub service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to use internally and with our partners, such as buying behaviour or feature usage or usage of third-party products or services. Our product helps advertiser implement effective ad campaigns and media owners sell more or their inventory.
How We Use Personal Data
Information we collect when you are signed in to BillboardHub, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your BillboardHub Account. When information is associated with your BillboardHub Account, we treat it as personal information. For more information about how you can access, manage, or delete information that is associated with your BillboardHub Account, see you user settings.
We use information internally to customize your experience with BillboardHub, to help us develop new products and services, to verify your identity, to collect debts owed to us, or to investigate or settle inquiries or disputes, and for other legally required or permissible purposes. We also use this information to generate marketing, promotion and informative emails based on user actions (such as registration information, confirmation of listing an item or the user’s choice to subscribe to certain communications), or as necessary to inform you of changes to the BillboardHub Inc. or events related to the site or changes to the terms and conditions or policies.
How We Share Your Information
If your BillboardHub Account is managed for you by an administrator or third-party (for example, an advertising agency or media buyer or SEO company) then your administrator or the third party or resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your BillboardHub Account information (including your email and other data). Your administrator or designated administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- Change your account password review or restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- Suspend or terminate your account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
We do not share your sensitive personal information with any third parties for such third parties’ marketing purposes, unless you have opted into such sharing. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may collect, sell, and share aggregate data and non-sensitive data on users and usage with third parties. For example, we may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like media owners, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored for seven years.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In order to protect your security, we use the strongest available browser encryption and store all of our data on servers in secure facilities. All data is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee's termination.
We work hard to protect BillboardHub and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL;
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to BillboardHub Inc. employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
BillboardHub Inc. has reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information during transmission, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), log out of your account after use and close your web browser.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore, we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our services to children. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use BillboardHub. If a child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal data, their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, or if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, please contact our privacy officer here:
770 Saint George Boulevard, Moncton, NB, E1E 2C6
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints, you can contact our privacy officer, Guillaume Ross, at:
770 Saint George Boulevard, Moncton, NB, E1E 2C6